Apple’s DRM platform FairPlay is a DRM scheme originally developed by Veridisc, and more widely adopted by Apple, Inc. It is designed to encrypt content packaged using HTTP Live Streaming and is intended for use with all iOS devices as well as Apple TV. On the desktop, Apple’s DRM converter FairPlay is also built into QuickTime. Apple originally used FairPlay to protect content distributed through the iTunes Music Store. While Apple no longer encrypts iTunes Music downloads, FairPlay DRM is still used in the new Apple Music service for content stored locally.
1. The app requests to play asset from Apple’s AVfoundation media framework
2. AVfoundation media framework then downloads the m3u8 playlist which contains your content key
3. The media framework will then request the key from the media framework delegate built into the app
4. The app delegate then responds to the media framework to make a request from the FairPlay Streaming Server
5. The delegate then sends the FairPlay Server Playback Content to your Key Server
6. The key server then interprets the Server Playback Content using the Key Security Module and searches for the Content Key
7. When the search is completed the Key Security Module applies the content key
8. The media framework delegate then provides the key response to the media framework
9. The content is now decrypted and the app and device can execute playback
To stream FairPlay DRM encrypted content to AppleTV, there are no special requirements, it happens automatically. Everything is managed by FairPlay Streaming and passed through by Apple TV. The source devices relays encryption data between the devices and Apple TV. This methods maintains all the security benefits of FairPlay Streaming.
The HEVC codec is on the rise.
Visit Encoding.com at AWS re:invent Encoding.com will highlight the latest in
https://t.co/aGwkhHWOFk Winter 2020 News - https://t.co/DWbtgTI34l3 weeks ago
RT @LiveVideoStack : Developers are starting to pay more attention and implementing HEVC, according to an outlook of codec-related usage dat…2 months ago