Apple’s DRM platform FairPlay is a DRM scheme originally developed by Veridisc, and more widely adopted by Apple, Inc. It is designed to encrypt content packaged using HTTP Live Streaming and is intended for use with all iOS devices as well as Apple TV. On the desktop, Apple’s DRM converter FairPlay is also built into QuickTime. Apple originally used FairPlay to protect content distributed through the iTunes Music Store. While Apple no longer encrypts iTunes Music downloads, FairPlay DRM is still used in the new Apple Music service for content stored locally.
1. The app requests to play asset from Apple’s AVfoundation media framework
2. AVfoundation media framework then downloads the m3u8 playlist which contains your content key
3. The media framework will then request the key from the media framework delegate built into the app
4. The app delegate then responds to the media framework to make a request from the FairPlay Streaming Server
5. The delegate then sends the FairPlay Server Playback Content to your Key Server
6. The key server then interprets the Server Playback Content using the Key Security Module and searches for the Content Key
7. When the search is completed the Key Security Module applies the content key
8. The media framework delegate then provides the key response to the media framework
9. The content is now decrypted and the app and device can execute playback
To stream FairPlay DRM encrypted content to AppleTV, there are no special requirements, it happens automatically. Everything is managed by FairPlay Streaming and passed through by Apple TV. The source devices relays encryption data between the devices and Apple TV. This methods maintains all the security benefits of FairPlay Streaming.
Joint Solution Features Viaccess-Orca’s Cloud-Based TVaaS, With Cloud Media Processing From Encoding.com
THE BROADCAST BRIDGE, March 20, 2017, Author Brad Dick Cloud video encoding and
Vid.ly Down: 04:09 PM - Resolved - Vid.ly status: ok https://t.co/AVDFIL0xAA2 days ago
Vid.ly Down: 04:02 PM - Vidly is currently down due to the problem with Elastic Load Balancer. We are working wit... https://t.co/AVDFIL0xAA2 days ago
Aspera not available: 02:17 PM - Resolved - Support for Aspera transport had resumed. Thanks for your patience. https://t.co/3BXFFjezDv1 week ago